Your Quick Log Home Building Tools Reference:
With questions always coming in about what log building tools and methods are best, we’ve assembled a quick reference for the log home tools we have found to make log building easier and safer. What’s great about our list is it provides links to make purchases, read reviews, compare models and get the best online prices. If you have a favorite log building tool not seen here, please share your thoughts with us. We never share your information with anyone!
- Log Frogs log building cleats do more than hold logs, they allow you to rotate logs in place too! – Log Frogs – The better alternative to “Log Dogs“.
Our Top Sellers! If you’re building log cabins or full sized log homes, you need the best log home tools for the best price. Here are products we know you’ll need. Why pay more?
- Log Construction Manual by Robert Chambers #1 Best Selling Log Home Instruction Guide!
- Building Log Homes DVDs (Set 1) by Robert Chambers
- Robert Chambers Scribers (scribes)
- Chainsaw Helmets
- Face Shields
- Chainsaw Chaps
- Steel Toed Shoes Log Builder recommended!
- Anti-Vibration Gloves
- Hearing Protection
- Spense Tape Measures | Plumb Bobs | Chalk Lines
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Chainsaws | Chainsaw Chain | Chainsaw BAR Oil | Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil
- Grinders / Sanders
- Electric Curve Base Planers
- Effective Practices and Methods for Handcrafted Log Home Construction From the International Log Builders Association ILBA
- A Boy’s Big Book of Jigs
- Log Span Tables for Floor Joists, Beams and Roof Support Systems
by A. Mackie, N. Read, T. Hahney.
- The Swelling and Shrinking of Wood: A Practical Technology Primer
by Otto Suchsland
- Dead Blow Mallets | Wood is Good Mallets (Love them)
- Cordless Drills
- Hole Hawg Heavy Duty Drill
- Forstner Bits Screw tips are best
- Grinders 4 1/2″ and 7″ — Plus sanding discs
- Log Home Gasket / Backer Rod
- Saw Mills
- Window and Door-Cutting Chainsaw Jigs
- Tenon Cutters
- 4000 PSI Pressure Washers | Debarking Tips
Log Frogs help to rotate logs or hold logs securely for scribing, cutting, notching, peeling and sanding. Here they are hard at work in Alaska.
|Order Log Frogs Here|
Thank you to Karl Swanson for showing us your Log Frogs at work on a log sauna project going up in Alaska!
The Log Construction Manual by Robert Chambers,
Building Log Walls DVD set by Robert Chambers, and
Chambers Log Home Scribers.
Build your very Own Solar Air Heater in one weekend!
New! Build your own high quality, inexpensive Solar Powered Heater! In just 2-3 days, you can build a cash-saving solar heater that will shave money off of your monthly heating bill year after year. Not a cheap soda can heater! Nope, a real solar plenum that will last you for many years!
Easy to follow instructions with clear photos of each step.
Buy your DIY Solar Home Heater Manual today! It's just $4.95!